Re: I-D ACTION:draft-lordello-ipsec-vpn-doi-00.txt

>Tero Kivinen writes:
>
>> There is no DOI version number but there is a DOI number. I believe you are
>> differentiating DOI version numbers from DOI numbers by implying that a
>> higher version automattically supports all extensions defined in lower
>> versions while that's not automatically assumed with DOI numbers. Well,
>> that's why the VPN DOI inherits the existing DOI: to be just like a version
>> 2.
>
>If you just define some new numbers from the IANA, there is no need to
>define new DOI number. Just allocate the numbers from the IANA and
>create the rfc that will update the current IPsec DOI.

I am not clear on what you mean by "create a rfc that will update the current IPsec DOI". The DOI
is a RFC, therefore untouchable. Are you proposing that my draft cut-and-paste the whole IPsec DOI,
add the new VPN ID types and, if it reaches rfc status, obsoletes RFC2407, taking its place instead
?

Claudio.