Re: speed of HMAC vs. Rijndael-CBCMAC?

The delay in publishing the UMAC draft has been my fault.
I have finally submitted it.
I will send a message about this algorithm when the draft
gets actually posted in the internet-drafts directory.

While UMAC speed and security are great it certainly does not provide
the benefit of code elimination. UMAC requires Rijndael plus
non-trivial additional code (see http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/umac/
where optimized code is provided -- currently using RC6)

Hugo