RE: Agenda for the Minneapolis meeting

At 9:54 AM -0800 3/16/01, Joseph D. Harwood wrote:
>Will a new authentication algorithm be introduced for ESP at this time, or
>will this wait until counter mode is addressed?

I would not expect a new authentication  algorithm to be introduced
until we select a counter mode for encryption. At that time, the need
for a faster authentication algorithm, to not slow down the faster
encryption mode, becomes significant.  Or, as Steve Bellovin
suggested, we might adopt a combined mode.

Steve