Re: IPSEC Security Gateways & NAT

Except:
	a) it is the only required authentication "system", and
	b) it's unfortunately being used a lot.

I would be more than happy to require RSA.  Why wasn't that done?
(rhetorical question).

Besides, from the human-factors point of view, using pre-shared keys
is easier from a ui standpoint: "Here is your IKE password."
Moreover, this whole argument just points to the fact that pre-shared
keys are a problem.  If it weren't for the existing pre-shared keys
protocol, NAT wouldn't be as much of a problem (except for ESP
encapsulation).

Ah well.

-derek

--=_3862299D.C9A8683C--