RE: ESP Transport Mode Encryption Payload

Pad Length and Next Header are encrypted.  The total amount of data
encrypted must be a multiple of 8 bytes (DES/3DES), so (Payload Data +
Padding + 2) mod 8 = 0, where (+ 2) accounts for Pad Length and Next Header
(1 byte each).

Best Regards,
Joseph D. Harwood
jharwood@vesta-corp.com