Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-00.txt

> Most TCP implementations have a built-in keep
> alive. Default is supposed to be 2 hrs, but it is
> not uncommon to see messages sent every
> 10-15min.

RFC1122 (Host Requirements, part 1) specifies that TCP keep-alives
MUST default to OFF and the default idle timeout MUST be greater than
2 hours.

Individual applications may turn on keepalives, but it would be
incorrect for any other part of the system to assume that they're
always (or even usually) on.

						- Bill