Re: Position statement on IKE development

     David> I think this is probably unnecessary.  The main thing that deters
     David> analysis from the academics (from the anecdotes I've heard) is the
     David> complexity of IKE.  If this improves, my guess is that you're
     David> likely to receive better cryptanalysis from the community as a
     David> whole than you'd get from a consulting firm.

   Is IKE really that complex?
   Or rather, could be be much simpler and still get the job done?

   This is really a different question from: is IKE poorly documented?

   I think that we all agree that the document could be a lot better.
   I still think that this is really the first step. Clean up the document(s),
and doing nothing to the specification, and then decide what to chop.