Re: Wes Hardaker: opportunistic encryption deployment problems

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Bill Manning wrote:
> 	One point.   Instead of TXT records for stuffing bits into, there is
> the CERT record which was designed for just such stuff.

Well, for small values of "designed". :-)  CERT itself is fine; the problem
is that the stuff inside it is X.509, which we have been resisting getting
involved with.

We chose TXT because we simply wanted to convey a gateway address and a
key, and we wanted to parse it with 10 lines of code, not 10,000.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net

Follow-Ups: References: