Re: Wes Hardaker: opportunistic encryption deployment problems

%
% On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Bill Manning wrote:
% > 	One point.   Instead of TXT records for stuffing bits into, there is
% > the CERT record which was designed for just such stuff.
%
% Well, for small values of "designed". :-)  CERT itself is fine; the problem
% is that the stuff inside it is X.509, which we have been resisting getting
% involved with.

	Not really. CERT can contain a number of different CERT types,
	at least that is what I have been told.

% We chose TXT because we simply wanted to convey a gateway address and a
% key, and we wanted to parse it with 10 lines of code, not 10,000.

	$DEITY help you when you grab a random TXT record... :)

%
%                                                           Henry Spencer
%                                                        henry@spsystems.net
%

--
--bill