cisco rsa key - openssl read

  Hi ,
       I am sorry this may not be the appropriate mailing list to ask this
problem .
     I was under the impression that cisco router which I have displays  the
rsa public key in asn1 der form as decsribed in rfc 2459   .

I need to extract mod and exponent from this key , so I copied the displayed
public
key  into a file and gave input to openssl (0.9.5a)  using the command

openssl rsa -inform DER -in infile1.der -text -out outfile2.txt
            which is failing to read the key..
Is cisco router and displaying properly or openssl is not able to read
            can anyone help me reqarding this issue , thanks in advance .

re
sridhara .j

www.futsoft.com