Re: How are Initiator's Proposals checked by Responder?

>         I want to know if rfc2367 has defined the behavior of the
> responder in SA negotiation!
>         I only see the initiator's behavior is defined in 5.1 of rfc2367.
> The proposals are passed from kernel to KMd using Message SADB_ACQUIRE.
> When responder's KMd gets the proposals, how it communicates with kernel
> to determine  which proposal is proper?

This is an issue that can be solved either by the duplication of traffic-level
policy information in both the kernel and user spaces, or by an extension
to PF_KEY. An extension that I once designed and reported in a now
expired internet draft can be found below:

http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/draft-arkko-pfkey-reference-00.txt

Jari

Follow-Ups: References: