Re: How are Initiator's Proposals checked by Responder?

dong,

         one conceptual model in the responder case could be: SPD entries
with wild-carded selectors are stored at application level and managed by
another daemon like KMd, say SPDd. when the ph-2 proposals are received
from peer, KMd can find the matching application level wild-carded SPD by
talking to SPDd. then do SADB_GETSPI to create larval inbound SA(s), and
send the matched ph-2 proposal to peer.

         after completing ph-2 successfully, KMd can do SADB_UPDATE for the
created larval inbound SA(s), and SADB_ADD for the outbound SA(s).

         hope this helps.

- pravin

At 10:04 AM 9/13/01 +0800, dxh wrote:
>         I want to know if rfc2367 has defined the behavior of the
> responder in SA negotiation!
>         I only see the initiator's behavior is defined in 5.1 of rfc2367.
> The proposals are passed from kernel to KMd using Message SADB_ACQUIRE.
> When responder's KMd gets the proposals, how it communicates with kernel
> to determine  which proposal is proper?
>

>                                                         Dong Xiaohu
>                                                 sleepy-cat@263.net

Pravin Kantak,                          http://www.intotoinc.com
Intoto Inc.                             voice : (408)844-0480 Ext 318
3160, De La Cruz Blvd, #100,            fax   : (408)844-0488
Santa Clara, CA - 95054