Re: DataStructure for Storing SPD,SA Entries

In message <PM.18490.1003122646@pmweb8.uk1.bibliotech.net>, "Amey Gokhale" writ
es:
>hello,
>
>from the analysis of various data structures (linked list, balanced BST, unbal
>anced BST, hash table, skip lists) for their search / insert / delete time, ha
>sh table is found best.
>also it;s avg. search time is O(1) for any number of entries in it(ordered or
>random)....provided selected hash function ensures unique distribution of keys
>.

Remember that unless you have first expanded the entries, you have to
search the SPD in the order originally specified.  I don't know how to
do that with a hash table.

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com