RE: CBC makes Implementations too Slow.

If a single engine can't run fast enough to encrypt at line speed, one
possible solution is to put two engines on chip and have them work on
different blocks of the same packet in parallel.  However, this isn't
possible in CBC mode because you can't start encrypting block n+1 until
you've finished with block n.

Best Regards,
Joseph D. Harwood
(408) 838-9434