Re: SOI: selector exclusion lists/ranges

A while ago P. Srisuresh and I proposed a new ID payload. We're still trying
to find a home for this draft (draft-srisuresh-ike-policy-extensions-01.txt,
which has expired). It has two features:

- A more cisco-acl-like syntax in the ID payload to better "express
  yourself".

- A mechanism by which you can dynamically add and remove policy from an SA,
  which is useful for things like voice traffic or even simple ftp, where you
  want to add certain ports (or IP addresses if you have need for this) to
  the SA which the application dynamically allocates.

The consensus by the Chairs was that this was changing IKE, and therefore
shouldn't be discussed (I think).

If there's interest, we can revive the draft or use bits and pieces of it to
incorporate into ikev2. I think Pyda is trying to the ipsp (policy) route
with this.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847