Re: SOI: selector exclusion lists/ranges

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Angelos D. Keromytis wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0111271528550.29095-100000@janpc-home.cisco.com>, Jan
>  Vilhuber writes:
> >
> >If I read and understood it correctly this time, does this make the
> >ID_RECURSE payload (Bad name.. did I already mention that?! ;) obsolete? At
> >least for ikev2...
>
> I think it does.
> -Angelos
>
> PS. I must be missing something: why is ID_RECURSE a bad name ?

As stated by someone else, recursion implies, well.. recursion :) Meaning you
should be able to use an ID_RECURSE within an ID_RECURSE (to an arbitrary
depth). Obviously we don't want this.

However the draft states (correctly, I would think): "ID_RECURSE IDs cannot
appear inside ID_RECURSE ID payloads.". Therefore, it's NOT recursive.

What it is, is a LIST of ID payloads. So ID_LIST would be a much better name.
Or ID_OF_IDS ;)

jan
 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847