RE: CBC makes Implementations too Slow.

You would have to send all of the random data you're using as IV along with
the encrypted packet (amount of data transmitted = 2x amount of packet
data).  The advantage of using the previous encrypted block as IV is that
only the IV for the first block has to be sent (amount of data transmitted =
amount of packet data + 1 block).

Best Regards,
Joseph D. Harwood
(408) 838-9434