Re: Some comments on JFK

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com> writes:
> 	I think we need to be very clear as to what the initial round trip
> is achieving. If al we need to do is to protect against the DoS attack then
> it is better to reconfigure the exchange so that DoS protection is an option
> for the responder if it discovers it is under DoS attack.
I totally agree. My read of JFK, however, is that the first round trip
also is required to provide identity protection (which you've said you
don't much care for and I'm not sure I like either.) In this respect
JFK differs from IKEv2 and SIGMA, both of which require an extra round
trip in order to do DoS protection (because they don't have a faster
"no PFS" mode).

-Ekr