Re: Choosing between IKEv2 and JFK

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Angelos D. Keromytis wrote:

> Both approaches are valid: you might be using the same credentials, or
> different credentials, in setting up different QoS streams. In the case
> of "same credentials", certificate verification can be cached. In the case
> of "different credentials", the Phase 1/Phase 2 distinction doesn't buy
> you anything (you have to do a Phase 1 for each different set of credentials).

Agreed. The 'different credentials' case is irrelevant to this
discussion. It's the 'same credentials' case that matters. In which
case you still have a few rsa operations to do, and it would be
beneficial to amortize them with a phase 2.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847