Re: Comment on draft-ike-implementation regarding nonce size

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Andrew Krywaniuk wrote:
> I don't understand your assertion that the two sides need to agree on the
> nonce size. There is nothing in the protocol which says that the size of the
> Ni and Nr must match.

Poor phrasing, of a last-minute addition to the draft:  the issue is not
that the two nonces have to be the same size, but that each side has to be
willing to accept the other's nonce size, and there is no specification
for allowable range.  I'll change this for the next rev.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net