Re: [mobile-ip] Re: replacing IPsec's replay protection?

I honestly don't see why MIP needs to go beyond
saying "use IPsec, beware manual keys". That is,
so long as there is a viable way of keying IPsec
which enables replay protection -- and there is --
MIP doesn't need to be any more specific *how* to
do that. If people want a lighter weight option
than either IKE, JFK, KINK etc, than that is a
IPsec WG problem. But MIP, IMO, doesn't need to
boil the ocean here. If it's an interesting
problem to solve for MIP, it's an equally
interesting problem to solve for a whole slew of
other protocols which might be protected by IPsec.
That is, generality good, one-off bad.

In any case, my larger point here is that a
mandatory mechanism for MIP which requires per
node consumption of NVRAM on a Home Agent as a
MUST IMPLEMENT, where IKE, JFK, KINK, etc don't
place any such requirements on IPsec seems
onerous, and should be optional. Ideally, it
would be one of a set of acceptible choices.

		Mike