RE: Is TS agreement necessary?

> we designed IPsec to not have to trust peers to do the right thing.
> we adopted a defensive posture consistent with the security principle
> of least privilege.  I'm not sure how to interpret your comments
> relative to this well known security principle.

I think we are imposing the trust model on the end users here. It should be configurable. If the administrators chooses to trust the peer, then there should be a way to configure it.

If we do not allow, people will workaround it. For example, if it is required, people will do IP in IP with the gateways as selectors.

-Rajesh M