RE: terminology of channel numbers

Howdy,

	Channel nubmers would be very helpfull from a network operator's
perspective for managing a VPN or Remote Access type deployment of
IPsec. In both of these cases, network operators have pre-concieved
notions of 'tunnels' or 'channels' and would greatly appreciate the
ability to track MIB2/RMON type statistics on a per channel basis. These
stats gathering capabilities enable the ability to do fault detection,
perfomance tuning, and capacity planning at the 'channel' layer.

	I believe that an iteroperable notion of how to enable
fault/capacity/performance management of VPN/RemoteAccess IPsec
deployments at the 'channel' layer would noticably improve market
acceptance of IPsec. This is just my personal gut-feeling, not a
marketing researched backed white paper conslusion or anything like
that.

--

 Ricky Charlet     : rcharlet@sonciwall.com   : usa (408) 962-8711