RE: history and why does IKE need a successor

At 10:22 AM -0700 6/19/02, rcharlet@SonicWALL.com wrote:
>Why do we need to replace IKE at all? It will cost customers time
>and effort to deploy. What benefit will it offer?

Of course we don't "need" to. But we have the opportunity to make
IPsec much easier to use for our customers. We can get rid of many of
the current limitations and create a better basis for
interoperability. For many people, those are sufficient reasons,
regardless of the sordid history that got us here.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium