Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Perfect forward secrecy (PFS)

Alot of times, its just the user community not understanding how a PKI (or
even PK) works. IKE/IPsec should not be targeted for the knowledgeable user,
but also for those who know they need security, but want it easy (SOHO
environments come to mind). The "Super-duper secret password" is easy to
figure out. If we can support PSK (which is my vote) and PKI (or just PK),
then as the user becomes more comfortable with the technology, then the move
to PKI will be a less painful one (if the CA vendors make their CAs easy to
use).

I like the MUST for PK and a SHOULD for PSK. Maybe Dan can re-publish his
PSK draft again :-)

As for PFS, if its there, it has to be negotiated. I would prefer that it be
optional so that the widest possible platforms can support IKE/IPsec (CPU
constraints, memory etc).

I think these kind of discussions (which in most cases seem quite focused)
is very useful. Keep those cards and letter coming :-)

Regards
Scott