Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Authentication styles

By IPsec I mean in the context of RFC 2401. In any design review, this
minimal 'static packet filtering' is brought up as a mandatory requirement
of "IPsec", and the rest of the folks who don't know IPsec intimately,
start scratching their heads, and generally ask WHY?, and we generally
say, it is mandatory, just don't ask why. We just play the RFC 2401 card,
just like it is done so efficiently in this forum, without answering why
it is required.

    chinna