From: Paul Koning [mailto:pkoning@equallogic.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 9:41 AM
To: andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com
Cc: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Subject: RE: One base SOI ID? Humm

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Krywaniuk <andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com> writes:

 Andrew> Maybe some clarification of the poll is in order. What are we
 Andrew> voting on exactly?

I'm not sure what the original question intended to ask, but here's my
take on your variants:

 Andrew> 1. A single SOI protocol vs. 2 protocols?

Single protocol.  Having two protocols would be a major mistake.

 Andrew> 2. A merged SOI base vs. using IKEv2 as the base?

You mean "merged" as in "JFK and IKEv2 blended together"?  If so,
then I'd say that doesn't sound like a recipe for rapid forward
progress, unless I missed something.

 Andrew> 3. A single SOI protocol vs. continued uncertainty?

The former, emphatically.  This process has already taken an amazingly
large amount of time.

      paul