Re: SOI QUESTION: 6.3 Future versions of the protocols

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> 6.3 Future versions of the protocols
>
> 6.3.A) Should SOI have a mechanism for demanding/requesting that a
> peer use a particular version of IKE/SOI to allow upgrading to new
> versions?

That sounds desirable. If it can easily and unambiguously be done by
inference (i.e. without negotiation) that would be better. I suspect
that's not possible.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe