Re: Last ditch proposal for crypto suites

One of the advantages of suites is that the SA payload will become
compact, and perhaps there will be better interoperability.  By allowing
both, and having to be able to process both (ok, skip over in case of a
la carte transforms), we begin to lose some of the above benefits. Also,
as Steve Bellovin pointed out, the "hybrid" approach may result in buggy
code.

My point is that we should get a consensus of the WG, pick one of the
two approaches, and be done with this discussion once and for all.

regards,
Lakshminath