Re: IPSec v6 on linux

At Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:30:52 -0700 (PDT),
Bill Manning wrote:

> %
> % Hello, Andrew,
> %
> % > Does anybody aware any IPsec can support IPV6 on this kernel?
> % Please try to use USAGI IPsec (http://www.linux-ipv6.org/)
> %
> % -mk
> %
>
> I am finding out that the ipsec stuff under USAGI is not compatable with
> the FreeSwan work.   I hate to have both versions running on/in my
> dualstack machines.   Can these two activities be harmonized?  Or
> am I just overlooking something simple?
...Yes, currently usagi and freeswan mostly don't share kernel code.
It is difficult to change current klips(fs' kernel stack) to handle
both ipv4 and ipv6 in same code base.

but usagi try to be careful to keep freeswan's PF_KEY/PF_KEY extention interface.
(so pluto/ipv6 runs on usagi stack.)

-mk