Re: Adding revised identities to IKEv2

<short answer>

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   Francis Dupont wrote:
   >    Oh sure. If I say the entity name is "Uri Blumenthal" - then there
   >    has to be a key/cert associated with that name. As it only matters
   >    for signing the Phase 1 exchange to validate IP address from which
   >    the traffic is originating, for subsequent Phase 2 things.
   >
   > => this is a typical example of statements I disagree with: in fact
   > signing the Phase 1 exchange doesn't validate IP address.

   Why doesn't it? In your opinion,what is missing and how would you
   prefer to validate IP address?

   > IMHO
   > you should agree the level of trust in this "validation" is *not*
   > at the level of trust of cryptographic signatures!

   Perhaps I should - but I don't. Try to convince me first, then we'll
   see.

=> simple: the address is not covered by the signature, in fact, the
address is not inside any messages so it is not cryptographically
protected.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@enst-bretagne.fr