Re: Handling of IPcomp in IKEv2

Henry,

The difference seems only in terminology:

* The compression algorithm (LZS, DEFLATE, et al) MUST be stateless, as
defined in RFC-3173:

2. Compression Process
[...]
   Each IP datagram is compressed and decompressed by itself without any
   relation to other datagrams ("stateless compression"), as IP
   datagrams may arrive out of order or not arrive at all.  Each
   compressed IP datagram encapsulates a single IP payload.

* IPComp protocol may contain state information in order to provide better
performance, as defined in section 2.2. "Non-Expansion Policy" of
rfc-3173, and as you precisely described.

Regards,
avram