RE: Crypto algorithms for IKEv2

 Phillip> At the RSA crypto panel Bruce told folk to use AES. better
 Phillip> we all use the same thing.

 Phillip> At this point I would rather we start deprecating algorithms
 Phillip> rather than add more.

 Phillip> I would especially like to get rid of RC4, including a
 Phillip> stream cipher in a list of block ciphers is real bad news,
 Phillip> especially when the traditional default has been a block
 Phillip> cipher. There are lots of unexpected problems that occur
 Phillip> with stream ciphers which is why lots of folk avoid them in
 Phillip> designs.

Considering that IPsec doesn't work with stream ciphers, that would
seem to be a very good idea.

     paul