RE: Editorial: Use of MAY in draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-algorithms

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Paul Koning wrote:
>  Yoav> Blowfish and IDEA are relatively rare... [and poorly studied]
>
> Ok, then the simple answer is to remove them entirely from the spec,
> because they aren't really specified explicitly anyway for IPsec and
> probably not implemented anywhere anyway.

Almost nowhere -- there was a user-contributed FreeS/WAN patch that did
IDEA, Blowfish, and CAST, and some folks used it.  We never adopted it as
part of the official distribution, though, and I don't think that's
changed since I left the project.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry@spsystems.net