Re: Nat Traversal concern in IKEv2

Well this was pretty silly of me then. I had gotten so used to using
SHA1 in a HMAC context that I forgot it was an H. My apologies for the
confusion.

But still, if there is a concern about leaking identities, then why not
move the NAT_DETECTION payloads into the protected part of the
exchange? The knowledge that we (or our peer) are behind a NAT is not
needed until we attempt to send and/or receive ESP or AH.

I guess that one (very good) reason not to change this, is that this is
too late in the process to change something this insignificant. I don't
have a strong opinion about this either way since I got my initial
confusion corrected.

---
Ricky Charlet
(formerly with Sonicwall and before that formerly with Redcreek)
rcharlet@alumni.calpoly.edu
510.324.3163