Re: LAST CALL: IKE

At 3:23 PM -0400 6/25/03, jeff pickering wrote:
>We have mandated no management interface for any other feature so it would
>seem extremely inconsistent to me to do this here.
>
>Stephen Kent wrote:

Jeff,

I'm not sure what scope you had in mind when you made this comment.

RFC 2401 mandates lots of management features for IPsec
implementations, in terms of the ability to configure SPD entries. In
that light, mandating support for a management capability to specify
private group parameters is completely consistent with what we have
done previously, in the larger IPsec context.

Steve