Re: EAP-IKEv2 MITM prevention (Was: Re: The remaining IKEv2 issues)

On 8/20/2003 4:51 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
> Uri Blumenthal writes:
>  > In short. I disagree with Charlie wrt. the reasons EAP was
>  > included. In my view it was not to be able to reuse the old
>  > METHODS - but to reuse the old CREDENTIALS.
>  >
>  > The exact "grinder" through which those credentials are
>  > run, IMHO doesn't really matter to the users.
>
> Having been through this once before in the SIP
> world, there were really two considerations:
>
> 1) reuse of credentials as you state

Which is perfectly OK.

> 2) keeping the AAA clueless that any of this
>    is going on.

I don't think it's (a) feasible, or (b) desirable. Let's
NOT keep AAA clueless. Especially since in EAP it's the
AAA that will have to actually run the "new" EAP method.

If it means fighting reality as it is - so be it. :-)