Re: EAP-IKEv2 MITM prevention (Was: Re: The remaining IKEv2 issues)

Uri Blumenthal writes:
 > On 8/20/2003 4:51 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
 > > 2) keeping the AAA clueless that any of this
 > >    is going on.
 >
 > I don't think it's (a) feasible, or (b) desirable. Let's
 > NOT keep AAA clueless. Especially since in EAP it's the
 > AAA that will have to actually run the "new" EAP method.
 >
 > If it means fighting reality as it is - so be it. :-)

   Yes, that's it exactly -- reality. Note that I'm
   not defending this, just stating my experience in
   the matter. My personal observation is that
   there seems to be a lot of both use for better
   or worse, and reticence to change people's AAA's.

   Does anybody --  Jari? -- have any idea how the
   SIP saga ended? Were AAA's eventually upgraded
   to deal with http-digest? My guess is that if
   they weren't willing to deal with it for SIP,
   they're probably not going to be any more
   willing with IKE...

	   Mike