RE: The remaining IKEv2 issues - #64

Charlie,

As part of this (unless I missed it), please add sentences
to make the following points:

- IKEv2 deliberately allows parallel SAs with the same traffic
	selectors between common endpoints.  One of the purposes of
	this is to support traffic QoS differences among the SAs;
	see Section 4.1 of RFC 2983 (informative reference).
- Hence unlike IKEv1, given two endpoints, traffic selectors need
	not uniquely identify an SA between those endpoints.
- Therefore the IKEv1 rekeying heuristic (use of same traffic
	selectors as an existing SA indicates rekeying, so existing
	SA should be deleted shortly after new one is up) SHOULD NOT
	be used, as it will result in unintended SA deletion.

This may help avoid some surprises arising from implementation code
reuse.

Also, [RFC2401bis] needs to be added to the list of normative references.

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754