Re: Meta-comment: use of "red" / "black" terminology...

> I'm well aware of that.  But it's a non-sequitur to my response to and
> Ted's second point, which I can only assume you missed:
>
> > [...] the use
> > of "red" and "black" lingo has also been accompanied by diagrams that
> > only address the use of IPsec in tunnel mode and assume the
> > VPN/Securitygateway model.

At the WG session today, Steve Kent clarified that the "red interface"
on a host stack implementation could be a purely internal functional
interface rather than an IP Interface (virtual or physical).

That said, I still get confused more often than I'd like about red vs
black.  If the documents are to use the terms, we need a clear
definition, and a mnemonic phrase or such to avoid embarrassing sign
errors like the one Michael Richardson pointed out.

					- Bill