Re: SPD name entries & IKE

Some implementation, including ours, identify the remote roaming user by
their ID (ID in certificate
OR ID from the payload) and corresponding SPD policies are activated upon
phase1 completion.
While activating the SPD policies, the Destiantion IP address of outbound
policies and Source IP address
of corresponding incoming policies are changed to the remote user's IP
address (Source  IP of phase1 first message).
Due to this, Quick Mode (QM) succeeds and finds the right SPD policy by
matching with the selectors.

At the end of phase1 and phase2  SA termination and
if no phase1 is initiated by remote client for some duration of time,
corresponding SPD policies are de-activated and go
to dormant state.

Due to this, I don't see any need for searching for SPD policy based on
symbolic name, during QM.
It might offer other advantages, but for this scenario, I don't see the need.