Re: Final editing changes to IKEv2

This is one message that proposed two options, and did not receive any

Anyway, EAP is originally a PPP protocol.  The last message
(success/failure) is not meant to be reliable.  If it is lost, its
existence can be inferred in PPP by what happens next (IPCP in case of
success, or LCP terminate in case of failure).  There is never any
response to the EAP success message, so there is no need for the IKE
machine to send it to the client as soon as it is received.

If the EAP machine first sends the Authentication success, and
afterwards sends the key (or the reverse), the IKE machine should
buffer whichever comes first until the other arrives, and then send
both the EAP success and the auth payload in one message just as it is
specified in -12.

It should be possible to resolve the ambiguity by saying that the
client sends the AUTH payload as soon as it can, while the server sends
it in the last packet along with the Success/Failure message.  I don't
see a reason to add an extra roundtrip.