RE: [Ipsec] Interpretation of ICMP Type and Code

I had interpreted the text as meaning (b),
tstart*256+cstart <= t*256+c <= tend*256+cend
But as you say, it's not entirely clear.

I think it doesn't matter very much - either option would be OK.
Ideally, we ought to specify which it is, or we'll have
interoperability problems.

On the other hand, we really need to get IKEv2 finished soon, so I'm
not too keen on the idea of IKEv2 being delayed by this issue!

The architecture document might be the right place for this. Not just
because I'd like to avoid delaying IKEv2, but also because this issue is
really about which selectors match which packets - and that seems to
belong in 2401bis.

Mike