Re: dam-l About mercury removal and environment (fwd)

>Dianne Murray wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone -> I'm sure most folks here have heard of
>> the problem of sped-up cycling of mercury caused by flooding
>> from reservoirs.

I've also taken a look at the site, and to the best I can tell, it has
NOTHING to do with mercury contamination resulting from flooding of
vegetation.  Rather, it is a device to recover mercury used in gold mining
from tailings ponds.

Philip Raphals
Directeur adjoint (Associate Director)
Le Centre Hélios - Stratégies énergétiques et environnementales
Helios Centre for Sustainable Energy Strategies
651, rue Querbes
Outremont (Quebec)
Canada
H2V 3W6