Re: dam-l Introductions please... :-)

Hello, and thank you Dianne for letting me introduce myself and FIVAS!

I'm Nina Drolsum in the Association for International Water and Forest
Studies (FIVAS). FIVAS is an independent non-governmental organisation
working on social and environmental problems related to large development
projects, especially large dams in the South. We monitor projects in which
Norwegian companies or aid agencies are involved, seeking to prevent
Norwegian involvment in projects with large negative impacts. Usually it is
my fellow Oyvind Eggen who is working at the office daily, as the only full
time employee. I'm in his place until august. We are also some more people
at the office doing project works on special cases. Just now Erik is doing
some research on what is going on in Pakistan, and Ingerid (usually busy
with what is happening in Latin America) is making an report on the
development on laws and regulations related to watermanagement in Norway,
that later will be used in work with Norwegian double standards.

All the best,
Nina

At 15:40 21.06.99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone!
>
>Well, we have new people join all the time while others leave.
>
>I'd like to request that everyone please give a brief
>introduction so others know you're here. :-)  You don't
>have to go into any details.
>
>Just who you're with, or who you are,
>and what sort of infromation you might be
>looking for or to share with others. :-)
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Dianne [Murray]
>listmanager, dam-l
>Coordinator/Webmistress, Dam-Reservoir Working Group/DRIIA
>http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

FIVAS - Association for International Water and Forest Studies
Foreningen for Internasjonale Vann- og Skogstudier
Osterhaus gate 27
N-0183 Oslo, Norway
Tel: +47-22362200
Fax: +47-22362280