Re: [IPSECKEY] Re: comments request on IPSECKEY BOF description

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Michael Richardson wrote:

>     CHARTER> The resulting resource record should be easily extensible for
>     CHARTER> new uses.
>
>     Olafur> This line scares me, and
>
>     mcr> The intention is that this there is a place to add meta-data.
>
>     Olafur> exactly the fine point here is we do not want to create a new
>     Olafur> record that has sub types, rather we want to fit in as much as we
>     Olafur> can in early but leave a mechanishm to expand with certain
>     Olafur> rules. (detail that the WG will have to address).  I would be
>     Olafur> happy if you get rid of the word "easily"
>
>   Okay, it is done.
>   And seeing you on the list, let's get it started and get the archive
> filling.
>   Sorry, I jumped on sending off the document to agenda. I think we can
> update it with edits easily, so I'll do them now, and collect any further
> changes that might come up, and resubmit on Monday.

Lets leave it alone for now and work on getting people to start thinking
about what and how to get the relevant information into the RR.

>     Olafur> on one line you have the same word twice.
>
>   Sorry, which line is this?

Sorry line 28 the word is information at the end of the line.

>     Olafur> After thinking about the agenda I think we should move Next step
>     Olafur> up to after Open Mike and keep that short then go on to charter
>     Olafur> and schedule is realy part of charter.  We need someone to bring
>
>   Okay.
>
>     Olafur> Open question, do we need 1 or 2 hour slot ?
>
>   I hope that 1 hour is enough.
>   I've heard that Altanta is going to be very packed, schedule wise.

Fine by me, just requires a more control on how long people
speak at open mike.
This is a record, BOF was approved in 146 seconds :-)

(based on the timestamps on your and Steve's message)

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:17:30 -0400
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>

Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:19:56 -0400
From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com>