Friday Chiapas rally

506 YEARS OF INDIGENOUS
RESISTANCE IN THE AMERICAS

The Ottawa Committee for Solidarity with Chiapas invites you to
join us in marking 506 years of Indigenous resistance on
October 9th, 1998 at 45 O'Connor - in front of the World Exchange Plaza
starting at 12 NOON.

"For years and years we have harvested
the death of our people in the Chiapan
countryside; our sons and daughters died
from a force that we didn't understand; our
men and women walked in the long night
of ignorance that a shadow threw over our
paths; our peoples walked without truth or
understanding.

Then we saw the place toward which our
feet should walk in order to be true, and
our history of struggle returned to our blood,
and our hands were filled with the cries of
our people, and dignity returned once again
to our mouths, and in our eyes we saw a
new world.

But our feet couldn't walk alone, our history
of pain and shame was repeated and
multiplied in the flesh and blood of the
brothers and sisters of other lands and skies.
So said the oldest of the old of our people:
"Take your voice to other dispossessed ears,
take your struggle to other struggles".  So
we directed our blood and the path of our
dead to the road that other feet walked in
truth.  We are nothing if we walk alone;
we are everything when we walk together
in step with other dignified feet.

Subcomandante Marcos -  EZLN