[OPIRG-EVENTS] Human Rights Crisis for Students

In Burma students have been a driving force for democracy since British
Colonization.

Today they are being silenced through imprisonment and torture.

The OPEN SCHOOLS campaign is calling for the release of all student political
prisoners. We need Carleton students to take part in this campaign culminating
in a press conference and demo in Ottawa at the end of March.

I am urging OPIRG volunteers to attend a meeting to discuss strategies on Friday
Feb.9, at 3:00 in the OPIRG office, 326 Unicentre, Carleton University.

For more information contact Karen at OPIRG, 520-2757 or Erin at Canadian
Friends of Burma, 237-8056.