Any more comments on the whois++ SPKI proposalette?

what you need when writing code for this is the binary data in your hand.
if you provide it in some acceptable format as input it may or may not
require passage through your vendor's DER decoder/encoder.  requirement for
input to bsafe's DER routines is *not* a necessity.

>Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 12:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
>To: spki@c2.org
>Subject: Any more comments on the whois++ SPKI proposalette?
>Sender: owner-spki@c2.org
>

>Does anyone have anything to say about using whois++ for SPKI, with the
>extra fields we discussed yesterday? Is it worth trying to push on this; If
>so, I'll write it up in ID format.
>
>Simon
>p.s.
>  The 'simplest' format for storing public keys seems to depend heavily
>on what toolkit you use; DER encoded PKCS-1 values seem to be best for
>BSAFE, but separately encoded fields seem to be better for RSAREF. Are we
>better off avoid anything to do with DER at the expense of making our
>format a little bit more complicated?
>

>---
>They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
>There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
>You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
>Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
>  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO

                  Rodney Thayer           ::         rodney@sabletech.com
                  Sable Technology Corp   ::              +1 617 332 7292
                  246 Walnut St           ::         Fax: +1 617 332 7970
                  Newton MA 02160 USA     ::  http://www.shore.net/~sable
                           "Developers of communications software"