Re: SDSI syntax

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Carl Ellison wrote:

> One can use a (location,hash) pair to stand for any object -- no matter what
> size.  I, for one, would rather not send digitized photos or voice along as
> part of a certificate I was using to get FTP access to some site.  I would
> want that to be small -- possibly referring to such objects and
> incorporating them by reference but not schlepping them.

Wouldn't it be nice, though, for some applications to have the photos
built in (I'm thinking along the lines of a security-badge type
application -- not our primary focus, necessarily, but I'm wondering if /
hoping that the certificate model is flexible enough that several
real-world models [tickets, badges, keys, etc] could be considered as
subsets of our model... tickets would be the hardest part, I think...)

Jon
Jon Lasser (410)494-3072                         - Obscenity  is a crutch  for
jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu                            inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D)               - Fuck the CDA.

Follow-Ups: References: